We are thrilled to be part of the SHELl championship!
2017 Schedule of Events
- Seeking Volunteers from November 24 – December 4 Register Here
- Tuesday, November 28 – Shell Championship Hard Rock ProAm pairing party presented by Sheraton Hotels at the airport (by invitation only)
- Wednesday, November 29 – Shell Championship ProAm presented by Hard Rock
- Young Ambassadors Kick off Board Mixer 6:30pm-9:30pm Registration required
- Thursday, November 30 – Shell Championship – Round 1
- Friday, December 1 – Shell Championship – Round 2
- Saturday, December 2 – Shell Championship – Round 3
- Sunday, December 3 – Shell Championship – Final Round
On 2016, the PGA TOUR Latinoamérica hosted its first official season culminating event in the United States, the Shell Championship, at Melreese Country Club / International Links Miami November 28-December 4. The event featured the top 60 players on the Tour’s Order of Merit.
The First Tee Miami is the host organization of the event with the net proceeds benefitting us. As part of thenew agreement, a minimum donation of $25,000 will be made to The First Tee Miami as part of the Shell Championship’s impact on the South Florida community.
Moreover, this event provides a pathway to the Web.com Tour for the up-and-coming players competing in the region selecting the “Top Cinco” at the championship. The PGA TOUR Latinoamérica is currently present in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, and Uruguay.
We are thrilled for another exciting year at having the new reigning champion! “We are honored to support
the PGA TOUR Latinoamérica Tour Championship in Miami. South Florida is one of the best places in the world to play golf, and we are grateful for the opportunity to show the rest of the world what this beautiful city has to offer,” said Maximo Alvarez, President of Sunshine Gasoline Distributors. “We would like to recognize the PGA TOUR for ensuring that a minimum of $25,000 will be earmarked to our local First Tee Chapter. The First Tee is a charity that is near and dear to me. The work that they do with our youth is nothing short of extraordinary.”